Become an Election Worker
Nelson County is currently recruiting election workers for upcoming elections. Election workers are a critical part of the election process. This is a great opportunity to serve your community and earn extra money in the process.
- To serve as en election worker, you must be a U.S. citizen and must be registered to vote in Virginia.
- Ideally, you should be available to work on Election Day from 6:00 a.m. until approximately 9:00 p.m. or until all closing procedures have been completed.
- You must be available to attend training classes prior to the election. You will be paid for attending training.
For more information about what’s involved, review the Officer of Elections Basics from the State Board of Elections.
Election workers are paid a stipend for volunteering. The stipend is set by the Nelson County Electoral Board.
- Stipend for election officers: $110.00 – $135.00, depending on role
- Stipend for attending training: $30.00